Thursday, April 12, 2012

7 Years Ago | A Mother's Fight with Grief | Shaken Baby Syndrome

For those of you who do not know who I am, my name is Rachel Puckett and I am the Child Abuse Social Media Coordinator for Keane Law Firm.  My time with Keane Law Firm has been nothing short of amazing.  However, I come from a pair of shoes unlike any other.

In April 2005, my daughter Madilyne began fighting for her life on this very day at 4:35p.m. I will never forget that day, as that day forever changed my life.  Though it has been 7 years, the hours leading up to that point are full of anxiety, my mind is unable to rest, and the nightmares begin when I close my eyes..  Ever since I met my now husband, I know that he was sent to me for much greater reasons than I could ever know.. His birthday is April 14th, the day my daughter Madilyne passed away at 9:50a.m...

It has been a very long, and hard road.  I have taken all the advice given to me, and handed some back when circumstances did not grant comfort, but yet hostility. Before Madilyne died, life seemed so simple, and so fresh.  There was such a hope and trust, I would forever loose April 12th, 2005.


As a mother whom has been to the deepest depths of life, I plan to share intimately with you over the course of the next 72 hours, a personal recount of life as I knew it, and the beautiful life God has placed before me now.  

Stay tuned!

If you have any questions or concerns about what can be done to help babies who have been shaken, or families of babies who have died, please call Christopher Keane and The Keane Law Firm toll-free for free consultation at (888) 592-5437 (KIDS), click on contact us here, or use the web form provided at http://www.keanelaw.com


4 comments:

  1. Rachel I just wanted to say that I am praying for you and that your an amazingly strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I am the grandmother of a grandson who was shaken on Dec.26,2008 at three months old by his bio dad. Savon died two years and one day later. Dec. 27,2010 after being brain dead all that time and no one would take him off life support. His dad is still in jail waiting for his murder trial. I have talked to Chris and his secretary Terri many times, they are great. Chris does a fantastic job getting information out on Shaken Baby Syndrome. Sorry you had to go through the heartbreak of losing a baby too.Prayers go out to you to. There has been at least three cases this week where men have been arrested for killing babies in the Cincinnati Ohio area. Jerry Gries sending from my granddaughters acct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel would love to get in contact with you! Email rachel at keane law dot com!

      Delete